Texinstallation

Fabrice Popineau fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:51:44 +0200

> iīve some problems by the installation of texlive 4 on my
> win95-system. If i run the CD the installation is succesful until the
> GHOSTVIEW installation. Then i get an error code like "canīt find
> zip-file on texlive\setupw32\...... ????
>
> The next problem is the following:
>
> By the installation of Winedit i get the error code: Canīt get
> location from winedt.
>
> Please tell me, wat is wrong or what i have to do, that my texlive 4
> installation will be successful.

Probably some unreadable file on the CD. Try to install everything without
Winedt, IM and TeXShell. Keep GS if it goes well.

Next, if you want Winedt, go to the setupw32\winedt directory on the cd
and try again to install winedt.

Alternatively, try to check the files under subdirectories of setupw32 and
see
if they are all readable ('unzip -t' on the zip ones).

Fabrice Popineau