Fwd: License to distribute your arabtex package sought

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 23:39:22 +0100 (BST)

Barbara Beeton writes:
 > for the same reason.  what the lppl doesn't do is provide a way to
 > keep informed automatically -- actually, i'd like to see that become
 > a "requested option", but i guess that's a vain hope.

keep informed of what? every time a packaging is made of a something?
when a change is made? even unto the nth generation? sorry, i think
this is unbelievably unworkable and unrealistic...

I think the most you can hope for is a) keeping your copyright notices
intact, b) insisting on a different name for any variants

sebastian