Fwd: License to distribute your arabtex package sought

David Carlisle davidc@nag.co.uk
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 22:07:12 +0100 (BST)

> Also, the author of a package can state that the package is under LPPL with
> the further statement that they wish to be kept informed, can she not?

no. this is more explicit in 1.1 than in 1.0 but you are not allowed to
place further restrictions on distribution if you are using lppl.
You can place further restrictions on modification.

we want to ensure that if you have a collected work all bits under lppl
then if you are not changing anything, just passing on unchanged copies
then you only have to read lppl, not find hidden traps of extra
conditions hidden on individual files in the collection.

David