[tug-board] distributing the CD as an image for download

Arthur Ogawa ogawa@teleport.com
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 08:33:23 -0700

I trimmed the cc list back.

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Barbara beeton wrote:
>  > ...the non-free material removed to
>  > prevent any licensing questions from arising.

> ...TL4b has the `obvious' stuff removed, for O'Reilly.

I understand from Xavier that his project is proceeding more slowly than he
wanted (so it goes, as we all know). I would like to know if a window of
opportunity is open for me to contact the licenseholders of the packages
concerned to ask if they would allow their material to be distributed in the
way that ORA-FR has in mind.

My reason for asking is that in order to make up GUTenberg's late, large
order, we had to deplete our stocks of TL4a and are considering asking ORA to
replenish us. Xavier is amenable to this.

I know some of the licenseholders of the above, and would expect to be able
to, in many cases, obtain permission without any trouble.

So, is there still time for you to add them back in given that I will have
secured an agreement?

I have annotated your list. Can you confirm, or help with the two ?? entries?

> formats3/blue
      nonfree/macros/blu/
          Kees van der Laan <cgl@rc.service.rug.nl>
> formats3/lollipop
      nonfree/macros/lollipop/
          Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout@cs.utk.edu>
> formats3/texsis
      nonfree/macros/texsis/
         Eric Myers http://feynman.physics.lsa.umich.edu/~myers/texsis/TeXsis.html
> lang3/arabtex
      nonfree/language/arabtex/
       Dr. Klaus Lagally <lagally@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
> lang3/montex
      nonfree/language/mongolian/montex/
       Oliver Corff and Dorjpalam Dorj <corff@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
> latex2/revtex
      macros/latex/contrib/supported/revtex4-beta/
   or macros/latex209/contrib/revtex/
          Mark.Doyle@aps.org
> latex3/dinbrief
    nonfree/macros/latex/contrib/supported/dinbrief/
    Richard Gussmann
    EMAIL: Internet: gussmann@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
  oder an
    Dr. Klaus Braune
    EMAIL: Internet: braune@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
> latex3/euro2
     not found in FILES.byname??

> latex3/floatfig
     macros/latex/contrib/other/floatflt/
       Mats Dahlgren. http://www.homenet.se/matsd/latex/ <matsd@sssk.se>
> latex3/foiltex
     nonfree/macros/latex/contrib/supported/foiltex/
       James (Jim) Hafner <hafner@almaden.ibm.com>
> latex3/textmerg
    nonfree/macros/latex/contrib/supported/textmerg/
       Mike Piff <M.Piff@shef.ac.uk>
> latex3/koma-script
     macros/latex/contrib/supported/koma-script/
       Markus Kohm <??>

Unless I hear back from you that you think this is a Bad Idea, I will commence
contacting the authors involved right away.

--
Arthur