[tex-k] Problem with "mf" online display in GNOME

Paul Vojta vojta at math.berkeley.edu
Tue May 30 06:28:43 CEST 2017

I don't really know the metafont code all that well, but it sounds like it
would involve some rather extensive changes.  Also, currently the graphics
window doesn't process keystroke events, and processing any events at all
in an asynchronous manner would again be an extensive change.

This sounds like something that you should try instead to do using the window
manager.  (With fvwm, for example, I use Alt-Shift-Button 3 to push a
window to the bottom of the stack.  Or, if a part of a window is visible,
I have it set to raise that window when I move the mouse to the window.)

Paul Vojta