[tex-k] a question about tlmgr on Windows

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Apr 24 00:12:31 CEST 2013

On Di, 23 Apr 2013, Andrew Komornicki wrote:
> thank you for the response.   I tried the fix that involved the
> update-tlmgr-latest.exe install as this is the suggested method for disaster
> recovery on the  www.tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html pages
> This is Perl that comes with TeXlive.

That is surprising that this does not work, since it should also
replace the tlperl ...

Did you get the update-tlmgr-latest.exe from the tlpretest directory?

> I can share with you that I unziped the current install-tl.zip archive
> and replaced the ./tlpkg  directory under my \texlive and tlmgr does work.

Ocuh ... you replaced *ALL* of it ... that is not good, because there is
also the file
	texlive.tlpdb
which is *specific* for your installation ...

> I no longer get Perl errors.  It turns out that there are other problems,
> but the Perl problem is solved.

Well, at what prize?

Norbert