[tex-k] cascading config files for dvips(k) and dvipdfmx

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu Mar 29 10:28:56 CEST 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Only for dvips and dvipdfmx there is nothing like this, so one cannot
> specify an *additional* config file to be read in the main config
> file. So I sat down on the flight from Frankfurt to Tokyo and patched
> dvips and dvipdfmx to include support for these additional directives.
> In dvips it would be
> 	c<filename>
> and in dvipdfmx it would be
> 	i <filename>
>
> The implementation is quite simple by re-calling the config file
> reading routing.

Hi Norbert,

two comments (I assume you have tried the patches and they compile without
problems):

(1) dvipsk:  why abandon the current config file containing 'c<filename>'?
I would replace 'return(getdefaults(PSname))' by 'getdefaults(PSname)'.

(2) dvipdfmx:  the config file 'dvipdfmx.cfg' is used by both dvipdfmx and
xdvipdfmx, thus both should be modified in the same way.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>