[tex-k] Rendering outside clipped region

Christopher Leon ccleon at mit.edu
Mon Feb 6 09:28:00 CET 2012

Hello,

I encountered some unexpected behaviour with epstopdf today, and I think it is a
bug. I've attached a postscript file I made which has a triangular clipping
region and circles which are both inside and outside the clipping region.

When I open this file with ghostscript, it looks OK. However, when I convert it
to a pdf with

% epstopdf test.ps

the output includes the circles which show up outside the clipped region.

I have also tried using
% ps2epsi test.ps
% epstopdf test.epsi

and again, some (but not all) of the circles outside the clipped region appear.

Is there a command I should be using to avoid this type of problem?
Thank you for your help,
Chris