[tex-k] texLive 2011 updmap problem

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Sep 1 17:06:23 CEST 2011

Hi Dick,

On Do, 01 Sep 2011, Dick Nickalls wrote:
> --> Error in option spec: "setoption=s{1,2}"

Your installation of perl is *way* too old. The support for this
specification has been introduced about 8 (AFAIR) years ago.

> (1) can I use the 2010 updmap.sh script instead ??

Yes.

> (2) what is the problem with the new perl script

No problem, you have an old perl.

> (3) where do I find any /recent/ documentation regarding  updmap

There is no /recent/ documentation, the perl script is an old implementation
that was originally used on Windows only, but we use it also on Unix
now since it is way faster and we do want to have only one script to care for.

Best wishes

Norbert