[tex-k] report some errors

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu Nov 10 11:30:08 CET 2011

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, Haifeng Wu wrote:

> When I was installing the texlive in Ubuntu 11.10, there are some
              ^^^^^^^^^^
Hi,

do you want to install TeXlive, or do you want to compile the programs from
source (that is what ./Build does).  In the later case you may have to move
the installed binaries to a different location and you'll need zillions
(well a very large number) of support files.

> First run ./Build --debug, then lots of codes appeared, and then there
> are some error. The following is the report:

> 1 of 46 tests failed
> (1 test was not run)

The ./Build script does (essentially)
   configure
   make
   make install
   make check
and 'make check' in texk/web2c found that one of the 46 tests failed.  All
tests are supposed to pass, a failed test indicates some problem.

The output (if any) from each test is followed by 'PASS: XXX' if test XXX
passes or by 'FAIL: XXX' if test XXX fails.  Unfortunately this part was
missing in the attached error log.

> ./Build: 333 executables in

Looks good, but one (or more) of the binaries may cause problems.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>