[tex-k] Updmap could report some options set

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jun 14 01:17:43 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

On Mo, 13 Jun 2011, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Updmap/updmap-sys don't report what is set in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-
> local/web2c/updmap-local.cfg. In my case for example

Because it the updmap-local thing is a purely TeX Live invention. Please
direct these request to the texlive mailing list.

> plus 70 MAP file fragments commented some local MAP file fragments
> added. The --showoptions could accept a key word like "local" to report
> these local settings, to have confidence that it has read the local
> settings. Now that this option exists for one year...

It is still something that *only* is available in updmap in TL!

Best wishes

Norbert
HAMBLEDON (n.)
The sound of a single-engine aircraft flying by, heard whilst lying in
a summer field in England, which somehow concentrates the silence and
sense of space and timelessness and leaves one with a profound feeling
of something or other.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff