[tex-k] web2c vs. png-1.5

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon Jan 31 16:27:28 CET 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> Just one clarification:
> 1.5 is the new stable release, replacing 1.4. It seems they're not
> following the Linux kernel versioning convention.

Hi Thomas,

indeed.  Up to now I had thought that 1.5 would be for development (as was
1.3) and 1.6 the next stable release.  Since that is not so, we should
certainly fix also luatex and switch the TL tree to 1.5 ASAP.

Hi Taco,

it has now become somewhat urgent to also adapt luatexdir/image/writepng.w
to png-1.4/1.5.  I hope that this is already done in your repository, so can
you please import that into TL (even if not yet ready for distribution).

Regards
Peter