[tex-k] tex/pdftex -recorder works incorrectly on parrallel TeX runs (race, breaks make -j)

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 28 23:50:03 CEST 2010

On 28 Mar 2010, at 22:44, Karl Berry wrote:

>> but I wonder, why use intermediate file for recorder at all? Why not to
>> open $(jobname).fls in the first place?
>
> Don't want to overwrite the file from a previous run, I suppose.

I also wonder if there are situations where the jobname is not yet known at the time when a filename needs to be recorded. (What exactly gets recorded? Everything *tex opens? If so, using \openin on the command line before \input would probably cause this, for example. Or a pre-\input \font command that causes a .tfm to be read.)

JK