[tex-k] pointing kpathsea to the correct texmf tree

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 22 00:39:55 CEST 2010

Hi Oleg,

    I'm trying to use kpathsea as a separate library.

Good luck.

    So, kpsewhich still finds psfonts.map, but my program doesn't.

Sorry, I don't know the answer off the top of my head.  I don't see
anything obvious that kpsewhich is doing and your program isn't.  I see
you don't call kpathsea_init_prog, but it seems to me that should not be
necessary.  Evidently texmf.cnf is not being found despite your setting
TEXMFCNF, but I can't say why.

So, I can only advise running your program and kpsewhich under the
debugger, break at (say) kpathsea_init_format, and work backwards and
forwards until you discover where they diverge.

Let me know what you do or don't find out.  If no luck, I can try to
look into it further, and if you do have luck, I'd like to update the
documentation ("Calling sequence" node).

BTW, I can't tell anything from the truncated debugging output.  If you
want to show me debugging output, please use -d -1 and send me the whole
thing (off list and compressed, since it gets so big :).

Happy hacking,
Karl