[tex-k] Path without !! but with a ls-R file

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Nov 13 00:36:18 CET 2009

    PS: while we're at it... when texdoc looks in a tree without recursion
    (no trailing //), it always use the filsystem even if a ls-R file is
    found and !! is present. Do you consider it "wrong"?

I guess it is wrong, but I also can't see any practical reason to use !!
in a "tree" (actually a directory, or am I missing something?) without
recursion.  Perhaps the right thing to do would be to give a warning
about the !! being ignored.  Don't hold your breath ...