[tex-k] libpoppler support in TeX Live source tree

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at gmail.com
Wed May 6 22:14:24 CEST 2009

Hi Norbert,

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 11:58:04PM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > Another workaround is to maintain a separate tree for
> > pdftosrc; this patch would be applied to a (temporary)
> > XRef.cc & XRef.h during compilation of pdftosrc. Sounds a
> > bit awkward, but IMO better than changing the original
> > XRef.{cc,h}.
>
> What about the patch I proposed that, when compiling with poppler
> (or/and maybe also with xpdf) instead of including XRef.h we include the
> fixed version of it? I must honestly say I don't know what are the
> consequences of *NOT* having the .cc part of the patch applied:
>
> [...]
>
> So is there a chance to have that "feature" only for the version
> compiled with the patched xpdf in the texlive tree, and a version
> without that "feature" when compiled with poppler? That would be another
> option.

without the change to XRef.cc, pdftosrc will compile fine
but will not work as expected, ie it doesn't support object
stream. Not that it's an important thing, but having
different behaviour of the same program, depending on
whether it's linked against xpdf or poppler doesn't seem
better than not having it at all.

Maybe someone else will come up with an idea how to do that
better...

Regards,
Thanh