[tex-k] libpoppler support in TeX Live source tree

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue May 5 23:47:44 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

On Di, 05 Mai 2009, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> >I will need it anyway for Debian if it is not included now ;-)
> >And other dist builder will also profit from the patch.
>
> what exactly means "now".

If we don't include it in TeX Live 2009 I have to patch it anyway for
the Debian packages. That was the "now" I meant.

> >And other dist builder will also profit from the patch.
>
> True.

I am not only in texlive itself active, I am "dist builder", too,
packaging for Debian.

> >>(2) the patch isn't quite what I want. I assume on your system you get
> >>	pkg-config poppler --cflags => '-I/usr/include/poppler '
> >
> >yes.
> >
> >>and consequently the Makefile contains
> >>	XPDF_INCLUDES = -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/poppler/goo
>
> Can you please verify this, such that I can adapt your patch accordingly.

What? I checked that
	pkg-config poppler --cflags
issued only
	-i/usr/include/poppler
Is there anything else I should check? (Sorry if that is a stupid
question)

> >Yes, that might be. But since I wasn't sure about the actual include
> >magic I did what works now.
>
> Works for you, but not if poppler is, e.g., installed under /opt/

I thought we expect that pkg-config gives the right thing, and I thought
the the include paths are set from the return value of pkg-config.

Please, I don't really understand what is the problem. Tell me what I
should try out! Or check?

> >>Moreover in the pdftex/luatex/xetex files I'd prefer
> >>	#include <Object.h>
> >>instead of
> >>	#include "Object.h"
> >>etc., but that might be an independent changeset.
> >
> >FIne with me, but I think they are there from current sources, not from
> >my changes, so I didn't touch these things.
>
> Agreed. Only looking at such things is a good opportunity for some cleanup.

Right, but I leave that to "upstream" of the three programs.

Or should I adjust the patch for that, too? My idea was to keep the
patch as minimal as possible.

Best wishes

Norbert