[tex-k] libpoppler support in TeX Live source tree

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue May 5 17:20:44 CEST 2009

Hi all,

On Di, 05 Mai 2009, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> how discouraging. Since we can't assume that everyone around has a suitably
> patched poppler-0.10.x, does that mean we have to postpone the whole project

No, but we can hack around that by including instead of a XRef.h a fixed
version of it. Not perfect, but working.

Attached is a patch that makes texlive compile with
	TL_CONFIGURE_ARG="--with-system-xpdf" ./Build
so xetex, luatex, pdftex use libpoppler now.

The changes are more or less the same in all three programs, only the
pdftosrc.cc in pdftex is a problem as described above.

Best wishes

Norbert

SPROSTON GREEN (n.)
The violent colour of one of Nigel Rees's jackets, worn when he thinks
he's being elegant.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff