[tex-k] libpoppler support in TeX Live source tree

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue May 5 16:49:31 CEST 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Ok, googling found one hit, and that is a patch from redhat for poppler
> 0.6.2 that seems to not have been included:
>
> It moves the declaration of ObjectStream form XRef.cc to XRef.h and
> defines getObjStr.
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-commits/2007-November/msg08712.html

Hi Norbert,

how discouraging. Since we can't assume that everyone around has a suitably
patched poppler-0.10.x, does that mean we have to postpone the whole project
and wait for poppler-0.11?  The bright side of this would be that you can
prepare all the required TL patches without too much pressure, too be ready when
a corrected poppler release becomes available.

Regards
Peter