[tex-k] bld-test-1.1

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Feb 4 01:26:12 CET 2009

    1. I assume --with-x-toolkit is obsolete

It seems so.

    and can be removed (causing configure to abort if this option is
    given).

Why not just ignore it?  I mean, don't ever define it, then it will be
ignore just like any other unrecognized --with-foobar or
--enable-foobar.  That's the usual behavior.

    2. I'd very much appreciate if you could categorize all directories
    libs/*/, utils/*/, and texk/*/ currently in the TL tree:
            not used for a binary build
            maintained independently
            maintained inside the TL tree

Ok,I'll try to add the info to the README's.  Will write when I've had the
chance.

    3. As soon as I start adding more subdirs to bld-test-x.y things
    will become rather large.  Thus I'd like to put them into TL svn
    under, e.g., Build/source-new.  OK?

Instead of making an entire shadow tree within TL, which will impact
everyone getting the sources, how about using a different repo?  I long
ago set up an svn repo "testlive" to try stuff.  I just added you as a
committer (same password as texlive).  You can eradicate whatever is there.

Thanks,
Karl