[tex-k] bld-test-1.1

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon Feb 2 18:10:52 CET 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:

> a second version of this is almost finished, lacking mostly some clean up.
> For the moment just a short summary.

Hi Karl,

this is now available as
 	ftp://ftpth.mppmu.mpg.de/pub/peb/TLtests/bld-test-1.1.tar.bz2
 	ftp://ftpth.mppmu.mpg.de/pub/peb/TLtests/bld-test-1.1.tar.gz
and has become quite lenthy because the complete original source trees of
zlib-1.2.3, libpng-1.2.34, and vlna are included.

The top-level contains a README explaining everything (I hope).

I'd appreciate any comments.

At the moment my idea is, that most libraries built from the TL tree are are
always static (certainly all those that can be expected to be present on
every reasonably modern system).  For those maintained independently, my
preference is to keep the original source tree unmodified and use a proxy
Makefile.am to buid them.  That should make it much easier to upgrade to
newer versions (as is done for zlib).

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>