[tex-k] problems with dvips search paths....

Andrew Komornicki komornic at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 13 05:49:46 CEST 2009

Karl and friends,

thank you for the input.
Your response does pose the question of why was dot (.)
removed from the search path.  Can config.foo files be that insecure??

this does bring up at least two more questions:

On my TexLive2008 installation I find that there is a config.ps file
in two places:
    ./texmf/dvips/config/config.ps
    ./texmf-config/dvips/config/config.ps
which one takes precedence and why ??

  why is it that when I type:
    kpsewhich   config.foo
   or
    kpsewhich  -must-exist config.foo
  it is not able to find it ??

I have modified the value of TEXCONFIG to include  (.) and dvips works well.
regards,
andrew