[tex-k] problems with dvips search paths....

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Wed Aug 12 08:30:48 CEST 2009

> In ALL of these cases I place the file config.foo in my current working
> directory, so that dvips would find it.

Current working directory had been removed someday
from TEXCONFIG due to some reason, which I don't remember.

> Please tell me where I should put config.foo in order that
> dvips will find it.

See the output of
kpsewhich -var-value=TEXCONFIG
and put config.foo under a suitable subdirectory
of the output. Don't forget to run mktexlsr.
Normally the place for config.foo is $TEXMF/dvips/config/.

Best,
Akira