[tex-k] install-tl

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Sep 5 22:13:39 CEST 2008

Peter Breitenlohner writes:
 > On Thu, 4 Sep 2008, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

 >> Does it work if you change the symlink to point to
 >>
 >>  ../../texmf-dist/scripts/pst2pdf/pst2pdf.pl

 > that would certainly make it a good symlink, but what precisely do
 > you mean with: "Does it work"?

It simply means that I answered late in the evening and didn't test
anything myself.  Since I don't know the difference between pst2pdf
and pst4pdf I can't be sure that you get what you expect if you simply
change the symlink.

However, it's certainly better to run tlmgr update as Karl proposed.

 > At the moment this was just a test-install, preparing for a TeX upgrade on
 > all our (>80) linux systems.

Ah, this was the reason for your second question.

 > > (2) I suppose the whole installed tree contains no absolute paths,
 > > and I can move it later to some other place with no harm. Correct?

Yes, but then please s/move/copy/  :)

I don't see any problems.  You have to set $PATH accordingly, at least.
Please don't forget to adjust $MANPATH and $INFOPATH too.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25