[tex-k] ttf2pk and freetype (-lttf)

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Apr 1 11:05:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

I recently got involved in teTeX/LeX live (mainly modernizing the build
system).  In doing so, I noticed that the only package in that tree (in fact
the only package installed on our systems) still using freetype1 (-lttf) is
ttf2pk.

We would certainly like to get rid of libttf, and since you two are ttf2pk's
authors I have some questions:

(1) was ttf2pk ever converted to freetype2 and if so where could one get it.

(2) if not, I would like to convert it (unless you prefer to do that), but
I'd need some assistence. Is there a document covering this conversion (e.g.
how to translate TT_* names into equivalent FT_* ones)?

Regards,
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>