[tex-k] In need of a wizard

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Mar 17 09:24:16 CET 2007

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     Is this arrangement permanent in the forseeable future?
>
> Yes.
>
>     There are no plans to update the tarballs in ftp://tug.org/tex/ ?
>
> No.
>
>     Perhaps they should be marked as obsolete somehow
>
> Good point, I moved them to an archive subdirectory.
>
>      (and on CTAN too)...
>
> The ones I checked aren't on CTAN.  If you find outdated sources on
> CTAN, please let me know.

my mirror of web2c, from tug.org, tells me to delete the lot.  i'm just
rewriting its, and kpathsea's, catalogue entries to point to the
tex-live sources -- i guess i'll delete the web2c (and things that point
to it) from the archive ... and then hack still more at the faq version
i was hoping to put up before the end of the month.