[tex-k] landscape/seascape

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Nov 20 00:00:14 CET 2006

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the report.

    It has always bothered me that when I make slides using the
    seminar package, they show up upside down in gv.

Is it just seminar?

    But why isn't this the default behavior?

Because maybe it's working around an issue in seminar, rather than
fixing a bug in dvips?  I don't know, just hypothesizing.

    Would it be safe to make
     /landplus90 { true } def
    the default in the dvips init files?

It sounds dangerous to me.  What if other packages expect the other
behavior?  Which seems pretty likely.

I'm not sure how to conclude where the problem really lies, at this
point.

Best,
Karl