[tex-k] Font cache problem

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Nov 1 23:07:48 CET 2006

    It seems to find /var/cache/fonts but then over-rides it for some reason.

What is the output from the sh -vx?  Can you send it?  (Gzipped or
something to avoid corruption.)

    advises (for teTeX) modifying the updmap file, which doesn't exist on

They mean updmap.cfg, I'm sure.  updmap is the script itself.

    tbsr10 tbsr10 < tbsr10.pfb

I don't know where that line would have come from.  My only idea is to
run find -type f | xargs grep tbsr10.*tbsr10.pfb\$ on your texmf trees,
and see where it shows up.  Hopefully somewhere.  And then you could
disable that Map line.

Or, to be able to test further, you could just delete the spurious lines
out of pdftex.map and see if the result works ok.

Best,
karl