[tex-k] bug dvips

Paul Gastin Paul.Gastin at lsv.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Jan 10 13:35:20 CET 2006

Hi Tom,

I have a problem which I think comes from a bug with dvips.
I'm using a package "gastex.sty" which starts by including the header
file "gastex.pro" with
\special{header=gastex.pro}
Everything works fine with the following latex file

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{gastex}
\begin{document}
% \begin{figure}
   \begin{picture}(120,40)(-10,-5)
     \node(A)(0,0){$A$}
   \end{picture}
% \end{figure}
\end{document}

But if I use the "figure" environment (removing the comments) then the
file gastex.pro is not included by dvips in the ps file hence I get an
error when trying to interpret the ps file (ghostview, ps2pdf, or
printing).
I experienced the problem with recent versions of dvips (5.92b, 5.94b
and 5.95b).
Attached are the files in case you need to experiment.

In case the problem comes from my side could you explain me where it
comes from and how I can fix it ?

Paul Gastin