[tex-k] Re: first steps with libkpathsea

Patrick Gundlach texkml at contextgarden.net
Mon Jun 13 21:00:56 CEST 2005

before I try changing SELFAUTO* ..

[...]

>> far as I can see there is no other way to achieve the desired
>> behaviour. Is there any side effect of doing so?
>
> Yes, you loose the ability for searching along the "other text files" /
> "other binary files" formats and you loose the ability to search along
> TEXINPUTS correctly ("cslatex" has a different path than "latex").

yes, but there are two arguments to kpse_set_program_name. The second
one does what kpsewhich's --progname argument does. So I can find

/opt/tetex/3.0/texmf/tex/cslatex/hyphen.cfg
/opt/tetex/3.0/texmf/tex/generic/babel/hyphen.cfg

by changing the second argument to latex and cslatex.

And I can search for 'other text files' as well. I have not tried
'other binary files'.

So it looks as if I can get all features by faking the program name
alone. This is probably the simplest (and bulletproof) solution.

Thanks,

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net