[tex-k] Problems with "dvips -P config.foo" and thai fonts

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Thu Dec 22 09:20:06 CET 2005

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     $ cat /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/config.garuda
>     Map +garuda.map
>
> The config.garuda in TeX Live has the single line:
> p +garuda.map
>
> `Map' is not a command in dvips config files, it's an updmap thing.
>
> Maybe that's all it is?

Yes, it's as simple as that.  It's a bug in config.garuda, but the file
on CTAN is correct, so it seems that this is a bug in the Debian package.

> Sorry, I'm a bit confused about the problem.  Are you saying garuda.map
> works and norasi.map doesn't?  Or the other way around?  That dvips
> tries to run mktexpk instead of downloading the type1 into the output,
> or that it does something else?

Both don't work (or rather, config.garuda and config.norasi both have
wrong syntax), and mktexpk tried to generate bitmap fonts and failed.

Sorry for bothering you with that.  I even looked up the syntax of
config.PRINTER files for dvips, but later didn't notice the error.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich