[tex-k] header special extension proposal

Hendri Adriaens Hendri at uvt.nl
Wed Aug 17 09:26:31 CEST 2005

> Actually, what I had in mind was something more like this:
>
> 	http://math.berkeley.edu/~vojta/dvipshack.zip

Actually, I do have a comment. Your code is using a method described by
Keith Reckdahl in epslatex.pdf (pages 35--37), but there it is described
that it won't work for binary (e)ps files. That's why I implemented the
method by Thomas Greer.

Further, your eps file already contains the declarations needed by this
method ($F2psBegin and friends), while we cannot assume that the user has
such an eps file as well. Asking the user to insert this in the eps is not
something we want.

Maybe I misunderstood (the purpose of) your example, but that must be coming
from the fact that I can't run it unfortunately to see the actual method at
work.

Best,
-Hendri.