[tex-k] papersize special?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 21 23:34:03 CEST 2005

    i believe you ought to institute a config file setup

Well, there is a config file setup of sorts for Texinfo, namely creating
a file texinfo.cnf.  That is presumably the best place to specify
@afourpaper in the first place.

    so you offer the user the option of confounding your guess (which
    would presumably be dvips if output is dvi, pdftex if output is pdf).

Sorry, I don't understand this.  What does the exact driver have to do
with it?  Are you saying that some drivers (which?) want a format other
than
  papersize=width,height
in the \special?

Don't know if it matters, but texinfo.tex already sets \pdfpageheight
and \pdfpagewidth if we're outputting pdf.  (I doubt a special is
relevant in that case?)

    no papersize at all.  that way you don't catch out people who only
    have standard paper available, but don't know texinfo correctly.

That's what I thought.  Which I suspect is what the OP's situation is :(.

Thanks,
Karl