[tex-k] Re: newer

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Apr 7 00:25:42 CEST 2005

  > Taco has long-term plans to rewrite makempx itself in C, so then
  > newer will not be needed.  Which is good, because the name newer
  > clashes with some Windows program, according to reports from time
  > to time.

The intention of the patch is not to enhance metapost.  This already
works.

If you have to convert some graphics, it's better to write a makefile
rather than to call tex directly.  But "make" has some idiosyncrasies
which are really frustrating.

I assume that someone who uses the UNIX commandline interface is able
to write shell scripts.  Those people benefit from an enhenced
`newer'.

Therefore I'm not interested in removing it even if it is not needed by
metapost anymore.

Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25