[tex-k] Locale-related bug in MakeIndex (was: makeindex breaks up index group on a capitalized entry)

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Mon Nov 1 23:28:22 CET 2004

> I am wondering whether it is possible for somebody to apply
> the patch to MakeIndex?  It would be nice if other people
> could profit from locale-enabled indexes.

I have applied the patch to teTeX (beta) more than a month ago, so
releases after 2.99.0 include this patch. In Addition, I have submitted
this patch into the TeX Live sources, but unfortunately after the final
build for TeX Live 2004. So unless there is a good reason to recompile
the binaries for all included platforms, we won't see it in TeX Live 2004
(but for sure in the next release).

Thanks for the patch!

Thomas