[tex-k] font metrics and style files from dviljk package

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Mar 16 10:18:42 CET 2004

Karl Berry wrote:
> Hello Leif,
>
> I think it would be very nice to have a package for the 45 standard PCL
> fonts.  I've wanted it myself, more than once.
>
> I can not find it on CTAN either.  There is definitely nothing named
> `hpfonts.sty' or `ljfonts'.
>
> However, as you say, it's still in teTeX (and thus still in TeX Live,
> which is where I see hpfonts.sty -- texmf-dist/tex/latex/dvilj/hpfonts.sty).

but that does not have the TFM files, only the sty files

we ought to be able to get all this stuff back from an
earlier release of TeX Live, before 1998. My old CDs are at
home, but if anyone has a TL 3 or 4, they'll be on there

> Thomas, Sebastian, does that sound plausible?  Do you know of other work
> in this area?

no, I havent heard of anything

--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services