[tex-live] Re: [tex-k] TeX finding filenames with spaces

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jan 14 15:27:14 CET 2004

       I'm only affraid about " as active character in many packages, like

Sure.  They won't be able to use the "..." syntax (without making "
other).  No worse off than they are now.  Meanwhile, everyone else will
be helped.

There is no magic character that can be reserved for this, of course,
since the catcode of anything can be and is changed.

" is as good as any, seems to me ... and, once again, it's what has been
used for a while in other distributions.  Why not follow suit?