[tex-k] TeX finding filenames with spaces

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Tue Jan 13 20:19:38 CET 2004

> For these reasons it seems clear that if we're to support anything
> along these lines, "..." is the way to go.

Yes, but if I'm right, the original code is written in such a way
that a filename is parsed in 2 places : one in which the length
is not known, the other one where it is known. There are clearly 2 ways
to feed TeX with a filename, one where

foo bar

is parsable  because something is used to  delimit it (braces ?) and one
where quotes are mandatory. Now, obviously, you may make quotes
mandatory everywhere.

Fabrice