[tex-k] Recent dvips, mathtime, and Acrobat 5.1

Pierre MacKay mackay@cs.washington.edu
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:31:48 -0800

No ideas, but that is just one of many bugs in Acrobat Distiller 5.0.  I am getting
no response from Adobe about this.

In my case, a large title in Goudy Handtooled, with lots of intercharacter kerning,
is rendered with all the letters that have flat feet dropped about .8 x-height.  The
letters with baseline overshoot, like O stay up where they belong, but all the
flat-footed (or possibly dished serif) ones are dropped.  Adobe's attitude seems
to be that if the PostScript is not produced by a proprietary Adobe program, then
there is no reason why distiller should be expected to work at all.

Is there anyone on this mailing list who has a better entree to Adobe than a mere
user and could get through to someone about a bug-fix?  Adobe has learned all
of Microsoft's worst habits.

Pierre