[tex-k] dvips(k) 5.92b pic mode arrows protruding

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Thu Apr 24 01:27:42 CEST 2003

Hi,

when processing dvi files with pic -t generated arrows (tpic \specials),
the arrows are protruding into following boxes (arrow ; box), which does
not conform to Kernighan's cstr116 document, and looks ugly BTW.

The reason is, that the PS parameter setlinejoin is not set to 1 (round
join) by dvips; it's undefined, resulting in miter join.

I tried adding "1 setlinejoin" next to existing "1 setlinecap" in the
definition of /np near the end of file special.pro. The result was ok,
as in the original cstr document and in the one from Eric Raymond. Pic
traditionally uses round "corners."

Is it allowed to modify special.pro there, or is /np used also for other
purposes where round linejoins are not the wanted?

I would be happy to see "1 setlinejoin" added to /np, if possible.

Best Regards

Hartmut

Dr.-Ing. Hartmut Henkel
Oftersheim, Germany