[tex-k] problems with the dvi viewer supplied with LaTeX

Stefan Ulrich stefan.ulrich@dsl.pipex.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:49:20 +0000

Morten S Mikkelsen <msnider@tiscali.dk> writes:

>> What version of xdvi (output of `xdvi -version') is this?

> It says version 22.05d-k

That's pretty old, but I guess it doesn't matter in this case,
since the anti-aliasing code hasn't changed since then.

>> (I reckon the effect vanishes if you turn off anti-aliasing with
>> `xdvi -nogrey'?)

> I just tried it and you're correct. The black blocks vanish when I use the
> -nogrey option.

> will it be possible for me to view them with anti-aliasing enabled?

That depends on your answers to my other questions (version
of X server, output of `xdpyinfo' and `wininfo' for the xdvi
window, results of running `xdvi -install' and `xdvi -thorough')
;-)

--
Stefan Ulrich