[tex-k] Simple problem with dvips

Dr. Levent Acar acar@ece.umr.edu
07 Nov 2002 17:19:58 -0600

I am having trouble with piping the output of dvips to the default
printer on a RedHat 8.0 system.  In the config.ps file, I have the line
"o | lpr" but the dvips of the file gives the following error:
-------------------
This is dvips(k) 5.86 Copyright 1999 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2002.11.07:1626' -> |lpr
dvips: ! couldn't open output pipe

I can generate a postscript file and print the file using lpr, but
"dvips -Plp0" of the file doesn't work either.  (lp0 is the name of the
default printer and config.lp0 is a copy of the config.ps file.)

I suspect there is a simple point that I am missing.  I would appreciate
it, if you could give me a hint.

Thank you.

Levent Acar