[tex-k] teTeX-beta 20021116 and source specials and the syntax package

Kai Großjohann kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:45:47 +0100

Olaf Weber <olaf@infovore.xs4all.nl> writes:

> You can change the package -- not that this change to would a
> workaround for a problem with source specials, not a bugfix of the
> package itself.
>
> You can avoid using source specials (esp. the 'par' source specials,
> which seem to be the problem here).
>
> You can provide me with a fixed implementation of source specials.

It seems to me that abstaining from (the `par') source specials is the
best solution for me here: it will work for all packages, and it is
not too difficult for me to do.

My question "so what should I do" was referring to the fact that there
are a lot of options and I'd like some hints which of them might be
the best option for me.  You provided me instead with more options :-)
Note that I'm not complaining, just trying to clear up a
misunderstanding.

>> Sorry for the line-noise.
>
> I understand your frustration with this issue.

I wasn't trying to complain, I was actually sorry for reporting as a
bug something that was in fact a feature.

Thanks for the insights you gave, I think they have helped me to reach
a conclusion.  (I hope it was the right one.)