[tex-k] xdvi's and dvips' lucida.map

M. Shell mshell@ece.gatech.edu
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 06:45:09 -0400

 Hi folks,

 After upgrading pdflatex, I found out that a lot of teTeX distributions
came with some typos in dvips' lucida.map (and psfonts.map) file.

I just accidently found out that xdvi seems to still be carrying
the same bad lucida.map file.

 cat lucida.map | grep 850

shows:

hlcbot8rn LucidaTypewriterBoldOblique "850 ExtendFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <lbtbo.pfb
hlcbt8rn LucidaTypewriterBold "850 ExtendFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <lbtb.pfb
hlcrot8rn LucidaTypewriterOblique "850 ExtendFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <lbto.pfb
hlcrt8rn LucidaTypewriter "850 ExtendFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <lbtr.pfb
hlsbot8rn LucidaSans-TypewriterBoldOblique "850 ExtendFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <lstbo.pfb
hlsbt8rn LucidaSans-TypewriterBold "850 ExtendFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <lstb.pfb
hlsrot8rn LucidaSans-TypewriterOblique "850 ExtendFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <lsto.pfb
hlsrt8rn LucidaSans-Typewriter "850 ExtendFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <lstr.pfb

Those eight lines are supposed to have ".850" not "850", right?
I dunno what xdvi does when it hits these, but pdftex will cry foul
even when you don't need them.

In related news, by Red Hat 6.0 dvips acrobat-std-urw-kb.map
has two lines:

usyr StandardSymL <psyr.pfb
uzdr Dingbats <pzdr.pfb

Those should begin with psyr and pzdr, right?

Are there any other (really common in the wild) typos like these?

 Mike Shell
 mshell@ece.gatech.edu