[tex-k] Twiki is broken; sorry . . . let's use tex-k list if that's okay.

sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 17:03:52 +0000

Olaf Weber writes:
 > copying stuff to the other tree and doing a "bulk update".  At the
 > point where I'd do a bulk update my expectation is that basically, my
 > versions should override whatever is in the repository.  I haven't
 > worked out the exact p4 incantations for that yet, though.

1) delete the local copy of the
   relevant tree you want to replace in Perforce, without telling
   Perforce

2) copy the new tree in place, and chdir to the top

3) add any new files
    find . -type f | p4 -x - add

4) delete any you have discarded
    p4 diff -sd ... | p4 -x - delete

5  update any which are changed

    p4 diff -se ... | p4 -x - edit

trust me, I do this often after a weekend offline working.

of course, you'd update a development branch in Perforce, and we would
all check that before integrating changes to the release branch.

you do have write access to Perforce, dont you Olaf?

sebastian