[tex-k] fontographer workaround?

Jonathan H N Chin jc254@newton.cam.ac.uk
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:31:50 GMT

I am trying to print a file for a participant at my Institute.
Ghostscript is happy to display it, but all my printers complain:

    %%[ Error: typecheck; OffendingCommand: definefont ]%%
    %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

at about line 425.

Google found a message from about two years ago:

    http://www.tug.org/mail-archives/tex-fonts/msg00337.html

that suggested the problem was that Fontographer produces broken output.
However if I add the for loop suggested in the message, all that happens
is that the error becomes:

    %%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: RANDOM ]%%
    %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

where RANDOM is some random gibberish that varies from attempt to attempt.

Since I don't have the original TeX file from which this PostScript was
produced, is there a simple way that I can fix it up so that it will print?
Hopefully the technique will extend to other files like this that I may
encounter in future.

The file in question is available at:

    http://www.math.ucla.edu/~asl/bsl/0502/0502-002.ps

thank you,

-jonathan

--
Jonathan H N Chin, 1 dan | deputy computer | Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK
<jc254@newton.cam.ac.uk> | systems mangler | tel/fax: +44 1223 335986/330508

                "respondeo etsi mutabor" --Rosenstock-Huessy