[tex-k] TEXXET and Omega in xdvik and xdvi

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 21:07:55 +0100

janl@linpro.no writes:
 > Is there any reason to _not_ enable Omega by default in xdvik?  From
 > what I can see in the xdvik sources Omega uses a strict superset of
 > TeX's dvi format?

I had understood that this was NOT the case; that Omega odvi is a
variant, not a superset. When I raised this some time back, I recall
being told that it would not work having a single source.  Whether the
#ifdef route is right is another matter - ideally the program should
detect incoming odvi and do the right thing silently.

sebastian

PS of course, the best person to ask would be John Plaice...