[tex-k] dvips bug?

Jody Weissmann jody@ifi.unizh.ch
5 Jan 2001 18:10:35 +0100

Hi
I'm using dvips(k) 5.86 on a sun workstation.

I have written a document using Latex which contains some pictures in
the eps-format.
When viewed with xdvi the document looks correct.

When i apply dvips to create a ps-file something seems to go wrong:
With ghostview, only the pages up to the first page containing a picture
can be seen.
(The picture is about 200K)
The same thing happens if i print the ps-file.

If i look at the ps-file, i can see that it contains all the text of my
document as well  as
picture data of following pictures.

since both ghostview and the printer fail to show the pages after the
first picture,
and since the document looks ok when looked at with xdvi, i assume that
the problem
is with dvips.

I have looked at the comp.text.tex newsgroup, and some FAQs, but i
haven't found anything that helps.

If this is a known bug, is there a patch or a newer version of dvips?
Or is there a workaround?

Thanx in advance

  Jody