[tex-hyphen] chihuahua

Javier B jbezosl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 17:13:14 CET 2024

> Hace años atrás me dijiste que simplemente te atienes a lo que está diciendo la Real Academia.

Yes, and the rules are explained here (esp. 2.5):

https://www.rae.es/dpd/guion

The examples of “cohibir”, ”prohíben” and “vihuela” should be
clear enough.

> Pero la pregunta que me hago es, ¿desde cuándo acá la Academia es la que decide, ordena y dicta esas mismas reglas ortotipográficas?

This is quite another debate. You are just questioning whether
the Real Academia Española (actually, the Asociación de Academias
de la Lengua Española – Asale) is an authority. If it’s not an
authority, what do I take as such? (This is basically a rhetorical
question.)

By the way, if you don’t like the rules wrt to the “h” by the
Asale, load the exceptions file eshyphexh.tex available on CTAN:

https://ctan.org/tex-archive/language/spanish/hyphen-spanish

Javier