[tex-hyphen] Pattern repository moved to GitHub

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sun May 29 19:39:49 CEST 2016

	Hello all,

  As hinted in an email earlier this week, the repository hosting
hyphenation patterns for TeX has been moved to GitHub at
https://github.com/hyphenation/tex-hyphen -- the migration was completed
three weeks ago but hadn't yet been publicly announced.  This is in
response to a number of discussions we've had with many contributors, to
make the repository more visible to other projects and start a more
collaborative workflow.  The repository is part of a larger
"organisation" (using GitHub vocabulary), since we aim at becoming the
central hub for all hyphenation-related projects in the free software
world.

  We're of course very grateful to Karl who created the first repository
on tug.org, using Subversion.  It hasn't been deleted, only made
read-only, and all links to files and directories there should be valid
at any time in the future; we encourage however interested parties to
use the GitHub repository, as all the history has been copied there (and
a limitation of the Web interface of the old repository prevented us
from putting a link to the new one, which is why I don't give a link to
the former).

	Best,

		Arthur